Monday, April 18, 2011

Help!! I've Fallin'...

...And I can't get up! Remember that quote? From the dorky kid, who aired every Friday night on TGIF, who was extremely clumsy, wore his pants a tad too high, wore over sized glasses, was in love with Laura Winslow, and that we all grew to love?

Good ol' Steve Urkle.

He and I share something in common...while it used to be the over sized glasses and pants height, currently it's the clumsiness.

You see, yesterday I decided that I felt good enough to try to retexture a bathroom wall. I was supposed to be laying down, not doing anything, healing. I took a step back to look at what I had done already (all 6 minutes I had been working) and tripped over the 5 gallon bucket of texture that was up against the tub. So as you might imagine, I fell backwards, and had no way to stop myself from falling. I preceded to hit my tailbone, yes the area I just had surgery on, directly on the side of the tub and fell into the tub.

Shower curtain came crashing down. I came crashing down. My hopes of getting better quickly came crashing down. I'll save the rest of the details for my own personal memory, but there was a lot of blood, swelling, bruising, and a small...errrr large panic attack. I've been out of pain medicine since Friday night, so I've had to live with pain as my punishment. I hurt more now than I did when I initially had the surgery. God sure does have a funny way of reminding me that I'm not 100% yet. Actually, I'm back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment