Monday, August 15, 2011

Prayers for the day

As the saying goes, "When it rains, it pours." Well actually, I pray today that it would rain. Or pour. But that's not what this entry is about.

Please forgive me and bare with me because I have a heavy heart today and have found myself constantly praying for my cousin Tyler and Aunt Pat.

Tyler, 26 years old, has been put into a medically induced coma so that his body will relax and try to heal. He was born with only one immune system and as an infant, contracted Hepatitis C through a contaminated needle. In 2001, we got the news we were waiting for with his first liver transplant, but time and the disease has done it's damage on this life giving present. He now finds himself in need of not just a liver transplant but also kidneys. I pray for his continued strength to fight through this terrible disease. I pray for his wife Kristen, that she finds strength and leans on family when she needs them most. I pray for Jaydin, that she has a relationship with her father for many, many years to come.



I pray for the quick healing of Aunt Pat. After several days of severe stomach pains, doctors told her that she has ovarian cancer. Today, she underwent a full hysterectomy and exploratory surgery to make sure the cancer did not spread to other organs. I pray that she recovers fully and that the cancer has not done more damage.

Family means the world to me and I pray Heavenly Father that you continue to watch over my loved ones. Keep them safe, guide them, protect them, and hold them close in this time of heartache.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do no keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."
Matthew 6:5-8

1 comment: