Monday, May 14, 2012

Pickle Making {in pictures}


 Washing of the cucumbers, by hose, in the front yard.


The simple ingredients that make {in my opinion} the worlds best snack!


 
 Some of us like 'em hot, so this one has a jalapeno for heat!


 This is the worst part of the job, stuffing cucumbers in the jars like puzzle pieces.




 About as good as they're gonna get packed.


Sunshine Pickle recipe, trying something new this year.


Pour the water, salt, vinegar mixture over the cucumbers.


Seal the lids by water bath.

And now they are sitting in the sun for the next 14 days.  I'll be sure to let you know how they taste, or you just might be a lucky recipient of a jar!



And because I *absolutely* love my new cabinets my uncle made for me, I decided to share them with you.  They are newly decorated and still a work in progress- watch out Hobby Lobby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment