Monday, March 21, 2011

beaches, sushi, and.....rain

Happy first day of Spring!
This week finds me in Virginia Beach. It's the first time I've been back here since July of 2010. I'm staying in a hotel that allows me to look out over the Atlantic Ocean. Peaceful and beautiful!


Sugar white beaches, ocean for miles and miles, a few beach bunnies....and rain.

I went down to a lovely oceanside restaurant called Mahi Mahi's and dined on half priced oysters and sushi. It was delicious.

I couldn't help but have my face stuck to the window, admiring all of the people that were running, rollerblading, walking , skateboarding, and kissing with the ocean in the background.

I noticed two younger girls walking up from the beach and they only caught my eye because they were about 12 years old. I decided to watch them, mostly to see if there was any parental supervision around, but to see what they'd be up to next.
One of the girls was a little bit heavy and was trying to situate her tankini. Before I knew it, I was looking at this poor kids butt! Somewhere in the middle of pulling on her top, she grabbed the string to her bathingsuit bottom and untied it! As she struggled to cover herself up, her friend was doubled over laughing so hard she couldn't help. I found myself laughing to myself too! Although I do feel bad for laughing, it was a great end to days travels.


(sorry for the poor picture quality, but this is my view for the evening)

No comments:

Post a Comment