Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sharing What You've Been Blessed With...

Good afternoon All,

I hope this note finds you doing well and that you and your families are off to a wonderful 2013!

I don't usually send out emails like this, but bare with me because I feel God has placed it in my heart to spread the word.  As you know, my dad and I spent time at Tumaini Children's Home in Kenya in December 2011 and 2012.  Our first trip would have not been made possible if it wasn't for an organization called Heart for Africa or donations from family and friends.  Thank you to those who sent gifts and monetary donations so we could take Christmas to the children in Kenya! 

While Heart for Africa is no longer supporting Tumaini, they have expanded their services of spreading God's word to the people of Swaziland.  Janine Maxwell, President of Heart for Africa, now lives in Swaziland with her family and they've built a home for babies called El Rio Baby Home.  El Rio means, "The God Who Sees."  The mission of this facility to rescue and raise the abandoned babies of Swaziland.  You can read more information about the home by copy and pasting this link in your browser:  https://heartforafrica.secure.force.com/pmtx/cmpgn__donations?id=701C0000000TqVp

I keep up with Janine's weekly blog since I cannot be in Africa as much as I'd like to be.  She writes about the everyday struggles of life in Africa, keeps us updated on the latest happenings in Swaziland, and writes about the stories of the babies they are rescuing.  As you might imagine, each baby has a different story, but they all are tragic and heartbreaking.  Her latest post sent me over the edge and that is why you're receiving this email.  If you feel up to it, you can read her latest post titled, "It's Tuesday night:  Newborn dumped, a baby dies and mother tries to commit suicide - midweek post," by copying and pasting the following link into your browser.  (I must warn you before you do it, that it is a VERY disturbing story)
http://janinemaxwell.blogspot.com/2013/02/its-tuesday-night-newborn-dumped-baby.html

I know many of you have asked when my next trip to Kenya will be and while I'm not sure when it will be, I'm asking that you donate something to the El Rio Baby Home.  There is no amount too small and they can even set you up on a monthly debit plan.  I cannot express to you how important this is to me and if you also feel it is important- please act! 

Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy email.  It means the world to me!  I know we cannot save the world, but we can make a big difference in small amounts.

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment